After a long day of work, many of us look forward to going home and soaking our feet.
A foot bath has a soothing sensation that can make anyone feel relaxed, but it can be even more effective if Epsom salts are added.
Epsom salts contain magnesium. Some believe that a lack of magnesium can cause muscle cramps. Therefore, adding Epsom salts may reduce cramping that can contribute to foot pain.
If you think an Epsom salt bath might benefit you, read on to find out how to mix one up.
Directions for an Epsom Salt Foot Soak For Pain Relief
Here is what you will need for an Epsom salt foot soak that soothes achy feet.
· ½ cup of Epsom salt
· 3-6 drops of essential oil (optional)
· 1 tbsp carrier oil if essential oils are being used
1. Add Epsom salt to bath and stir to dissolve.
2. If using essential oils, stir them with a carrier oil in a separate bowl.
3. Add essential oil mix to water.
4. Soak feet for 20 minutes.
5. Towel dry.
For even more pain relief, massage feet during the soak or add marbles to the bottom of the basin for similar effects. You may also massage essential oils into the feet after the bath is completed.
Directions for an Epsom Salt Foot Soak for Relaxation
Epsom salt can also be mixed into a foot bath to promote relaxation. Here’s how it’s done.
· ½ cup Epsom salt
· 3-6 drops essential oil (choose one that promotes relaxation such as lavender or chamomile)
· 1 tbsp. carrier oil (jojoba oil is recommended)
1. Add Epsom salt to the bath, stir to dissolve.
2. Mix carrier oil and essential oils in a bowl.
3. Add essential oil mixture to the bath.
4. Soak feet for 20 minutes.
5. Dry with towel.
Benefits of an Epsom Salt Foot Soak
An Epsom salt foot bath is great for reducing muscle cramps and offering soothing relief. Here are some other advantages it provides.
· Softens skin and reduces bacterial overgrowth
· Improves muscle and nerve function
· Helps prevent blood clots
· Reduces and prevents athlete’s foot
· Loosens skin to make it easy to remove splinters
· Treats toenail fungus
· Minimizes pain from sprains and bruises
· Reduces pain and discomfort caused by gout
Best Epsom Salt Product
A foot bath is a relaxing experience but getting all the necessary ingredients and mixing them up might cause more stress than anything! That’s why it’s good to know that Hyalogic sells a Powdered Bath and Foot Soak with hyaluronic acid and essential oils already mixed in.
Hyalogic is an industry leader known for producing all-natural products rich in hyaluronic acid. Their foot soak contains hyaluronic acid, jojoba oil and peppermint oil that soothes and moisturizes skin and maintains joints and muscles. It is gluten free, cruelty free, and vegan friendly.
During the day, your feet take a beating. Treat them well by letting them soak in a nice, warm Epsom salt bath. How do you like to mix yours up?